- High performance L2 SNMP network switch for office and Metro-LAN applications
- Combines copper and fiber network for flexible network connectivity within one device
- Features comprehensive and powerful network management functions
- Supports IEEE802.1Q VLAN and programmable IEEE 802.1P QoS
- Supports DHCP Broadcasting Suppression
- Supports port mirroring, rapid spanning tree (802.1w RSTP) and 802.1X port security on a VLAN
- Provides Full-duplex flow control (IEEE802.3x) and half-duplex backpressure
- Features a built-in Web-based as well as CLI management user-interface
LevelOne GSW-4896 48-Port Layer 2 Managed Gigabit Switch W/ Shared SFP Uplinks
The LevelOne GSW-4896 combines copper and fiber connectivity into a Layer 2 Managed Gigabit network switch suitable for metro-LAN and office applications. It features QoS, VLAN, Spanning Tree, Port Trunking, SNMP/RMON and IGMP Snooping capability.
Flexible Network Connectivity
The 48 port GSW-4896 consists of 44 10/100/1000Mbps Auto-negotiation Gigabit Ethernet TP ports and 4 1000Mbps SFP fiber ports which allow for optional SFP modules with a variety of network connection choices.
The GSW-4896 network switch can be managed through a built-in RS-232 serial port or through an Ethernet port using CLI or the Web-based user interface. Through the SNMP agent management, the network administrator can configure and control each port’s activity as well as manage the network switch to accommodate high bandwidth applications.
There is a comprehensive range of network functions included with the GSW-4896. These network functions are crucial elements in managing a secured network as well as ensure network efficiency.
Network functions included are QoS (Quality of Service), Spanning Tree, VLAN, Port Trunking, Bandwidth Control, Port Security, SNMP/RMON, IGMP Snooping capability and Illegal Access Report via its intelligent software.
QoS: Supports IEEE 802.1P Quality of Service with four priority queue and packet transmission schedules Spanning Tree: Supports IEEE 802.1d, IEEE 802.1w RSTP Protocol standards
VLAN: Supports Q-in-Q VLAN, Port-based VLAN and IEEE802.1q Tag VLAN. Support 256 active VLANs
Port Trunking: Supports static port trunking and port trunking with IEEE 802.3ad LACP
Bandwidth Control: Supports ingress and egress per port bandwidth control.
Port Security: Supports IEEE802.1x port-based network access control and
EAP-TTLS, PEAP-TTLS, MD5 network authentication
SNMP/RMON: SNMP agent and RMON MIB. It supports RMON (Remote Network Monitoring) MIB-2 (RFC 1213), Bridge MIB (RFC 1493), RMON MIB (RFC 1757)-statistics Group 1,2,3,9, VLAN MIB (802.1Q, RFC2674) and Ethernet MIB (RFC 1643)
IGMP Snooping: Support IGMP version 2 (RFC 2236)