- 48 x 10G SFP+/10GBASE-T and 6 x 40G QSFP+ ports
- Layer 2 /Layer 3, and Hybrid OpenFlow 1.3
- OF-DPA 1.0 /2.0*
- Compatible with OpenFlow 1.3 capable controllers and applications written for OF-DPA
- Debian GNU/Linux Open Linux Environment*
- 282 W (AS5812-54X-EC) and 348 W (AS5812-54T-EC) typical power consumption
- 9 K Bytes Jumbo Frames
- Dual hot-swappable power supplies (AC, 48 VDC, 12 VDC)
- Port-to-power and power-to-port airﬂow options
- 2:1 oversubscription in folded-Clos networks
- 4+1 hot-swappable fans
- MLAG support
- VxLAN ready
- Perpetual license with optional annual maintenance contract
The AS5812-54X-EC and AS5812-54T-EC are 48-port 10GbE switches with 6 x 40GbE uplinks designed for carrier/enterprise aggregation, data center top-of-rack, and SDN-enabled networks. The AS5812-54X-EC includes 48 x 10 GbE SFP+ ports, and the AS5812-54T-EC has 48 x 10GBASE-T RJ-45 ports. The switches are an ideal solution for traditional three-tier aggregation or core and folded-Clos architectures, serving with a 2:1 oversubscription.
The switches run EdgeCOS, providing traditional Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching functionality, as well as OpenFlow 1.3, leveraging Broadcom’s OpenFlow Data Plane Abstraction (OF-DPA) that delivers the most out of the switching silicon. By using OF-DPA, EdgeCOS provides more tables, larger table sizes, and a streamlined OpenFlow pipelining, compared to legacy OpenVswitch-based software solutions.